St. Columbkille Catholic School
KINDERGARTEN INFORMATION - - 2020-2021 ENROLLMENT
Our school serves approximately 550 students in Preschool through 8th grades. It is our mission to help students grow in spirit, mind, and body as Disciples of Christ, and we are excited to welcome a new group of kindergartners and their families on the journey!
General Information About Kindergarten:
- Our staff includes 3 certified teachers and 3 full time teachers' assistants.
- We have 3 sections of kindergarten. Each classroom has a maximum of 20 students.
- In order to register for kindergarten, your child must be 5 years old by July 31.
Our Enrollment Process for Kindergarten:
- Enrollment forms must be received in the school office by the end of the school day on February 21, 2020 in order to be considered for enrollment.
- New families are also required to submit a deposit of $250 with their enrollment form. This deposit will be applied to your tuition.
- In the event that we have more than 60 potential kindergartners, we will determine enrollment in the following order:
- Children with siblings already enrolled at St. C are guaranteed acceptance.
- Children who attend St. C’s preschool.
- Children whose parents work for the parish (who do not fall in group 1 or 2).
- Children who have siblings who attended St. C previously.
- Length of membership in the parish as determined by the parish office.
- We will contact you on Monday, February 24 to notify you of acceptance in the class. We will not notify those who currently have siblings already enrolled at St. C. If we do not have space in the class for your child at that time, we will contact you to determine whether you would like to be placed on our Waiting List.
Kindergarten Roundup: We have 3 sessions available for Roundup:
A: Thursday, February 20 from 8:00 AM-11:00 AM
B: Thursday, February 20 from 12:00 PM- 3:00 PM
C: Friday, February 21 from 8:00 AM- 11:00 AM
- Please call the office at 402-339-8706 to register your child for Session A, B, or C.
- A Kindergarten Roundup Parent Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, February 18 at 6:30 PM in the school gym. Please plan to attend! You will have a chance to meet our teachers and administrators, learn more details about Roundup, and ask questions about our kindergarten program.
Completed paperwork can be returned to the school office, mailed, or placed in the drop box right outside the school office doors.
Questions? Call the school office at 402-339-8706 or email Dr. Redburn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are new to our parish and have a child who turned 5 on or before July 31, please contact the school for more information about our kindergarten program. Either call the office at 402-339-8706 or send an email to email@example.com.
If your child does not turn 5 by the deadline, and you are interested in sending him/her to school early, please contact your school district of residence for more information on their testing policies and procedures.