School Lunch

School Lunch Program

School Lunch Coordinator: Diane Rosenthal

St. Columbkille School contracts with Westside Community Schools

and Hiland Dairy for our lunch and milk service. 

Lunch Schedule:

1st Grade- 11:05-11:30  /  Kinder.- 11:10-11:35  /  2nd Grade- 11:15-11:40  /  3rd Grade- 11:25-11:50  /  4th Grade- 11:35-12:00  /  5th Grade- 11:40-12:05  /  MS- 12:05-12:25     

St. Columbkille School Lunch Guidelines

    • St. Columbkille’s Hot Lunch program is a pre-pay program. Instructions on “How to Pay” are listed below.
    • St. Columbkille participates in the National School Lunch Program to provide Free and Reduced Price lunches to households that qualify. The application process is confidential. Students are not aware of who receives free or reduced lunches. The payment process is the same for all students whether their lunches are free, reduced, or full pay.

  • Applications for Free and Reduced lunches are processed by the assistant principal, and can be submitted at any time during the school year. Contact Mrs. Foreman for an application and for further information. The process is confidential, and neither students nor teachers have knowledge of lunch status.

Lunch Cost:

  • Hot Lunch (milk included) full price= $2.95/Hot Lunch (milk included) reduced price= $0.40
  • Extra Entree=$1.15.
  • Adult Lunches=$3.60 (does not include milk)
  • White or Chocolate Milk= $0.35
  • Sycamore is a family based system, so every family has one account. All of your child(ren)'s meal purchases will pull from that same account. If you plan to eat lunch with your child(ren) we will also charge that account.
  • We order our hot lunches from Westside by 8:30 each day. If your child will be late to school and will need a hot lunch, please call in before 8:30 AM or send your child a cold lunch for that day. If you will be eating lunch with your child, please let us know before 8:30 AM so that we can order you a lunch.

You can pay for your lunches in 3 ways:

  1. Send CASH to the school office (via your child's classroom teacher) in a sealed envelope with your family's name and the amount of cash sent.
  2. Send a CHECK to the school office (via your child's classroom teacher) in a sealed envelope with your family's name. Make checks payable to St. Columbkille School.
  • If you send money to the office (either cash or check), we will apply that payment to your family's account which can be viewed in Sycamore.
  • Please allow one school day for the office to record payments in your Sycamore account
  • To view your account summary and keep track of your balance: Log into Sycamore, go to My Accounting, Summary, Cafeteria, Account
  1. Pay by DEBIT or CREDIT CARD through Sycamore with Pay Junction. (The system does not accept American Express)
  • The FIRST TIME you go into Sycamore to make a payment with your credit or debit card you will need to add a Payment Method. Go to: My Accounting, Summary, Payment Methods. From there, you will be prompted to enter your credit/debit card information. This information will be saved for later use. If you decide to use a different card next time, you will need to repeat this step.
  • Once you have added the payment method, look under the Summary tab and you will see CAFETERIA in blue. Click the green payment button and choose your payment method and amount.
  • That payment should register immediately in your Account History under Cafeteria.
  • To view your account summary and keep track of your balance go to: My Accounting, Summary, Cafeteria, Account.
  • If you have been making payments with Sycamore and the system isn’t working for you any more, please check the expiration date on your card under Payment Method.

Negative Balances and Charges:

  • When a student does not have enough money in his/her accounts to cover the cost of the meal, the cost will be charged and the family account balance will reflect the negative charge.
  • No student will be denied a school lunch because of inability to pay or a negative balance. Students with a negative balance will not receive an alternate meal; all students receive the same lunch options.
  • The school sends Balance Notifications weekly to all households with a family balance of $10.00 or less.
  • The school sends Balance Notifications daily to all households with a negative family balance.
  • If negative balances are not satisfied before the end of the school year, student report cards will be held.
  • Negative balances are carried over to the next school year, and students who do not qualify for free/reduced lunch may not participate in the hot lunch program if the family account is negative at the beginning of any school year. Parents are notified by phone or mail before the start of the school year.


If your child has special dietary needs, please let us know so that we can accommodate. 

If you would like to eat lunch with your child, please check in at the office upon arrival and check out before you leave. 

We ask that no soda be brought into the cafeteria or packed in cold lunches.Thank you for your cooperation.





USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individual who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877- 8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(3) Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

St. Columbkille Catholic School  *  224 East 5th Street  *  Papillion, NE 68046-2299  *  (402) 339-8706